St. Andrew's is now open for live Sunday morning worship at 10am
You must place a request to attend a service. This is due to the significantly limited capacity of the church building due to social distancing requirements. We are only able to use 8 pews. All requests will go to the Church Office. If there are too many requests for the number of places available every effort will be made to allocate spaces as fairly as possible.
Please do not request a place if you or any member of your household or ‘bubble’ are feeling unwell or self-isolating.
Music plays an important role in worship at St Andrew's and our services are supported by several music groups who reflect the style of worship at each service.
At the morning services there is an organist or a worship band with keyboard, instrumentalists and singers. Once a month our talented younger people lead the worship at this service.
Musicians also support other services such as Family@4 and Tea and Praise.
We are always on the look out for people interested in helping with the music in church. If you are a singer or an instrumentalist and would like to play with us, please get in touch.
Church will be different as we must follow guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
• No singing is allowed but music may be played
• Communion can be served without wine, and administered to people where they sit in the pews.
• All volunteers and members of the congregation are required to wear face coverings apart from when consuming the communion bread or wafer.
• It is not permitted to socialize either in the church or outside before or after the service
• There will not be refreshments served after the service
You can request a place for a Sunday service between Monday and Thursday of the week prior to the service. No requests for future services can be taken. You will then be notified on the Friday prior to the service if your request has been successful.
We meet in church at 4pm on the 4th Sunday of the month for a fun-filled 45 minutes of music, craft and fun together learning about God and Jesus. Afterwards we meet in the church hall for a party tea, usually with plenty of cake, crisps and chocolate!
Please note Family@4 does not take place in August or December. For services in the current month see the "Latest News".
There are no regular evening services at St.Andrew's on a Sunday but there are afternoon and evening services from time to time, some of these monthly, others at less frequent intervals. These are normally listed in the "Latest News" section of the website as they come due, or in our "Calendar of Events".
The occasional afternoon/evening services include:-
- A "Memorial Service" for the recently bereaved (twice a year, often in May and November), which includes prayer for each family we have recently ministered to.
- A service of "Prayer and Laying on of Hands" for the sick.
- The popular Christmas "Nine Lessons and Carols" service in December.
- "Prayer First". A time of informal prayer for the world and the church held at on the first Sunday of the month. This may take place in the church hall.
The Sunday morning services at St. Andrew's follow the pattern:-
1st Sunday: Holy Communion Service
2nd Sunday: "All Together" Service
3rd Sunday: Holy Communion Service
4th Sunday: Service of the Word
5th Sunday: Various formats and usually followed by a "Shared Lunch" in the Church Hall
The ‘All Together’ Service is very much like the previous "All Age Service". However, the intention is to evolve it over time, building on the success of Family@4 whilst ensuring that the service really does have something for everyone.
We know that for some an earlier and quieter service is their preferred style. However, we suggest those who feel this way should consider trying worship at our sister church in Sadberge at their 09:15 time. Sadberge is a more traditional Sung Eucharist i.e. singing responses with a strong lead from the good choir. The first Sunday is a Service of the Word, and the following 3 (or 4) are Eucharistic.
After church coffee and biscuits are served in the church hall across the road.
|01 Oct, 01:30PM|
Food Bank Distribution
|01 Oct, 07:00PM|
|02 Oct, 07:00PM|
|03 Oct, 07:00PM|
|04 Oct, 10:00AM|
Sunday Morning Worship:on-line
|04 Oct, 10:00AM|
Morning Service in church
|04 Oct, 07:00PM|
|05 Oct, 07:00PM|
|06 Oct, 07:00PM|
|07 Oct, 07:00PM|