St. Andrew's is now open for live Sunday morning worship at 10am
You must place a request to attend a service. This is due to the significantly limited capacity of the church building due to social distancing requirements. We are only able to use 8 pews. All requests will go to the Church Office. If there are too many requests for the number of places available every effort will be made to allocate spaces as fairly as possible.
Please do not request a place if you or any member of your household or ‘bubble’ are feeling unwell or self-isolating.
- You can make a request to attend from the Monday prior to a Sunday service through to Thursday morning at 11am. It will not be possible to make a request for further ahead than the next Sunday. Booking for the following Sunday will begin on the Monday prior to that service.
- When making a request, please let us know how many people from your household or ‘bubble’ would be attending. There are a maximum of 3 places available per household or ‘bubble’.
- You will be able to make the request through the church website or by telephoning the church office during office hours up to 11am on Thursday morning. More details about requesting a place will be given soon.
- You will be informed on the Friday prior to the Sunday service whether it has been possible to allocate you a seat. If successful, you will also be allocated a pew number. The pews will be numbered to ensure that we comply with social-distancing guidelines. Almost certainly, it will not be the pew where you normally sit.
- If, during the week, you find that you are not able to attend on the Sunday, please let the church office know.
What to do When Attending
- You must bring a face covering to wear at all times during the service apart from when taking communion. This is the law. If you are exempt on medical or other grounds please let us know as you enter the church building. Unless you are exempt, we won’t be allowed to let you in the church. The service leader is permitted not to wear a face covering but you must do so.
- Please arrive a little bit early. We want to avoid congestion at the door. If there is congestion at the door, please observe social distancing and remain 2m away from other people.
- Please sit in the pew allocated to you immediately. If you have forgotten which pew it is, please ask the warden or sidesperson. They will have a list.
- Communion will be bread or a wafer without wine.
- Communion will be served to you where you are sitting.
- At the end of the service we will leave starting at the back row. Please wait until a Sidesperson tells you that you can leave. This is to maintain social-distancing.
- There will not be any refreshments after the service.
- Unfortunately, it will not be possible to socialise either before or after the service.
- There will be a Communion service on the first three Sundays in September. After that we will revert to Communion twice a month, on the second and fourth Sundays.
We hope that this makes it clear how to request a place at a service and what you must do when attending. Please do not attempt to attend if you have not reserved a seat. It is very likely that we will not be able to let you in.
Finally, just as a reminder, the Sunday streamed services will continue on Facebook and YouTube as usual, as will the morning and evening prayers.