St.Andrew's during the Covid-19 pandemic
This page gives up-to-date information about our church's response to the coronavirus pandemic
CHURCH STATUS UPDATE
Arrangements for services from 1st July
Although COVID infection rates are beginning to rise with new variants, the rate is still quite low, especially in our region. Therefore, the restrictions from 1st July will be unchanged i.e. no seating restrictions in church and a limit of 42 people in the hall
If you test positive or have COVID symptoms, which these days include cold-like symptoms, do not attend a service or any other church activity.
Communion will continue to be wafers but may be served at the front of the church, if the minister presiding is happy to do so. Please follow the directions of the sidespeople who will be ensuring that the queue for communion is small.
Arrangements for refreshments in the hall after the service will remain the same.
For security reasons, the Hall door will remain closed, including during office hours, when no-one is using the Hall. Please use the doorbell or ring the office number when you arrive. Please do not come to the office if you have tested positive or have COVID symptoms. Face coverings are not required but please note that there will be maximum of 3 people allowed in the office at any one time. If the office is full, please wait outside or in the Hall until it is safe to enter.
The St Andrew’s Covid Planning Group will review these arrangements again in July. We thank everyone for their continued cooperation and understanding.
St Andrew’s Covid Planning Group
- The church office is open in the morning, but with social distancing in operation. Peferably email or phone the office rather than visit.
- The Live Sunday service is at 10:00am.
- Refreshments are available after the Sunday morning service.
- We record the Sunday morning service to be put up on YouTube later in the day. See the Current Sunday Worship news page for more information.
- "Coffee, Cakes & Conversation" meet on the 3rd Tuesday at 1:00pm.
- The Thursday Food Bank continues but with procedures for distribution to help maintain social distancing.
- A Coffee morning meets on the third Saturday from 10:00 to 12noon.
- The Church is open for prayer, reflection and heritage visits every Wednesday 10.00am to 4.00pm from June to November.
What's Not on:
- Many regular church groups and meetings have been canceled in accordance with the requirement to maintain social distancing.
these include, ABC parents & children, Boathouse cafe, LadiesWhatLunch, Ladies Guild, Monday Craft Group, MenMeet and Girls Aloud.
- Some Discipleship and Home groups meeting in various homes are canceled.
* The WhatsApp "Chat Room" group.
WhatsApp is a messaging app installed on a smartphone. It uses your mobile telephone number as a means of identification. Once setup you can quickly, easily and securely send a message to any other person who also uses WhatsApp. The app is free to download and using it costs nothing other than any data charges you may occur in using your phone.
A WhatsApp group is a grouping of WhatsApp users who are able to message within the group and all members share posted messages. The new Group is called "St.Andrew. Chat Room." Any message sent to the group will be forwarded to all the members of the group. It is hoped that members of the group will be able to respond to calls for help.
During the Covid pandemic benefits of the group to us as a church community include:
- If, as a result of Covid-19, you have to self-isolate you can call on other church members to support you. For example, if you need some shopping to be done or prescriptions collected these can be brought to your door.
- If you find yourself short of over the counter medicines like paracetamol others may have some to share.
- We can quickly keep people in touch with the latest developments in the church as the situation unfolds.
Important Note re. WhatsApp: Integral to WhatsApp is your mobile phone number. If any other member of the group does not have your number in their contact list, any message you send will display with your phone number. If you ask to belong to the group it will be deemed you have given approval for your phone number to be visible to others. If this is unacceptable please don't use the group.