St.Andrew's and the Covid-19 pandemic
CHURCH STATUS UPDATE
The church is now open for live worship on Sunday mornings at 10am, with appropriate Coronavirus restrictions. You will need to make a booking, follow this link for more information.
What else is on:-
- The church office is open in the morning, but with social distancing in operation. Peferably email or phone the office rather than visit.
- We continue to stream a Worship service via our Facebook and YouTube pages on Sundays at 10. See the Current Sunday Worship news page.
- We are holding a service of daily Evening Prayers, led by church members, at 7pm which is live via our Facebook page and available a little later on YouTube.
- The Thursday Food Bank continues but with a new procedure for distribution to help maintain social distancing.
- The Church CAP debt help service has started. See other news items about this.
- We have a WhatsApp self help group in operation, see below.
- We have a telephone help group. Phone 07510 444487, see below.
- We are proactively seeking to support vulnerable people who are not into social media, see below.
What's Not on:-
- The Church is not open at the moment during the week. This includes the normal Wednesday manned openings and midweek Communion service.
- All regular church groups and meetings have been cancelled in accordance with the requirement to maintain social distancing.
these include, ABC parents & children, Boathouse cafe, LadiesWhatLunch, Ladies Guild, Monday Craft Group, MenMeet and Girls Aloud.
- All Discipleship and Home groups meeting in various homes are cancelled.
* The WhatsApp self help group.
WhatsApp is a messaging app installed on a smartphone. It uses your mobile telephone number as a means of identification. Once setup you can quickly, easily and securely send a message to any other person who also uses WhatsApp. The app is free to download and using it costs nothing other than any data charges you may occur in using your phone.
A WhatsApp group is a grouping of WhatsApp users who are able to message within the group and all members share posted messages. Our new Group is called "St.Andrew. Self Help." Any message sent to the group will be forwarded to all the members of the group. It is hoped that members of the group will be able to respond to calls for help.
Benefits of the group to us as a church community include:
- If, as a result of Covid-19, you have to self-isolate you can call on other church members to support you. For example, if you need some shopping to be done or prescriptions collected these can be brought to your door.
- If you find yourself short of over the counter medicines like paracetamol others may have some to share.
- We can quickly keep people in touch with the latest developments in the church as the situation unfolds.
Important Note re. WhatsApp: Integral to WhatsApp is your mobile phone number. If any other member of the group does not have your number in their contact list, any message you send will display with your phone number. If you ask to belong to the group it will be deemed you have given approval for your phone number to be visible to others. If this is unacceptable please don't use the group.
* The telephone help group, number 07510 444487.
We are aware that many older vulnerable people are not into Social Media and as a church wish to provide a helpline for them.
- The church self-help group phone line is manned during the daytime.
- The phone self-help group works in association with the WhatsApp group. Requests for help will normally be passed onto the WhatsApp group for a Response.
- Please let us know of vulnerable people in the parish who would benefit from the group. Use the helpline phone number to inform us.
Note that Darlington Council are also Running a telephone helpline on 01325 405000, See image below.