We are pleased to announce that the live Sunday morning service in church started at 10:00am from Easter Sunday.
As we move towards legal restrictions being removed by the government, St Andrew's Covid Planning Group have met this week to discuss how we can work together to support the life of the church, and try to keep people safe. The group have decided that a cautious approach is essential, given the rapid rise in Covid cases in Darlington and across the north east.
Therefore, from Sunday 1st August:
What to expect as you come to church:
Sunday services will be open to more people, with alternate pews available for the congregation; a maximum of 6 people or 2 households in one pew.
Face coverings will continue to be required, as will hand sanitizer.
Congregational singing will not yet be possible.
No booking will be required - Sidespeople/Wardens will guide you to a seat.
Services of Holy Communion will continue with the same procedures as they have since services resumed following the lockdown.
We will return to having Bible readings and Intercessions from members of the congregation.
Online Services will continue to be streamed on a Sunday morning.
- It is not permitted to socialize either in the church or outside before or after the service.
- There will not be refreshments served after the service.
For those who do not want to or cannot come to a live church service please read on
We are using social media to stream a service on a Sunday morning led by members of the church and broadcast from their own homes.
The Sunday morning on-line service is pre-recorded and goes out on our YouTube pages. Tune in for the notices at 10:00 for a 10:15am start.
- If you’re not yet on Facebook, then why not set up an account, and get involved so you can pick up news and keep in contact especially if you’re feeling isolated.
- You don't need to subscribe to YouTube to take part.
- If you need help on how to use Facebook to watch video this website might be helpful.
- If you have a casting device like Google Chromecast or similar you can cast to your TV for a better viewing experience.